Search This Blog

Thursday 21 July 2016

Review: The Fireman

The Fireman The Fireman by Joe Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow this was a big read.
A great story, the whole Dragonscale epidemic was just awesome. It was completely unique and that gave Hill free reign with the different levels of the disease and how some can control it and some can't.
This really is a great read, I love everything by Hill. He is probably my favourite author right now.
The only reason I've given this four stars instead of five, is because, like his father, Hill sometimes has a habit of padding things out and making it drag a bit. There were a few times within this book that I felt a little bit bored because it became slow moving, but then suddenly it would drag you straight back in again.
Overall a very very good book, I just think at perhaps 500 pages rather than 750 it would have been a great book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment